Meru Networks Announces Enhancements to Industry Leading Integrated BYOD and Guest Access Wi-Fi Solution
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/26/12 --
Meru Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: MERU), a leader in virtualized 802.11 enterprise wireless networking, today announced availability of Identity Manager the industry's first integrated Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) provisioning and guest access solution with Property Management System (PMS) capabilities.
Identity Manager greatly simplifies secure guest access and BYOD provisioning for virtually every operating system and network, dramatically reducing IT workload and delivering an easy on-boarding experience for the user. The integrated software platform, deployed at over 2,500 customers, consists of two modules, Smart Connect that enables automated BYOD client provisioning, and the Guest Connect network access solution. Guest Connect integrates seamlessly with property management systems and payment gateways streamlining administration and billing for guest Internet access, allowing customers to easily accept credit card payments.
With Meru Identity Manager it is now possible for enterprises to easily and effectively serve the thousands of Wi-Fi devices and applications that enter their wireless environment, providing seamless network access in accordance with corporate IT policies.
- Meru Identity Manager now has integrated Property Management System (PMS) functionality that enables businesses, including hotels and convention centers, to automate service charges for Wi-Fi or Internet access services, and automatically post service charges to over 80 different popular industry billing entities.
- Meru Identity Manager's vendor agnostic architecture enables it to provision services over wired or wireless networks.
- Clients supported by Meru Identity Manager include Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad), Apple Mac OS X, Google Android, Linux and Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista and 7).
- Meru Identity Manager is designed to reduce IT workload by automating the device and user on-boarding process without jeopardizing network security.
- Enterprise-strength authentication and encryption protect the network and sensitive data, while role- and policy-based provisioning gives IT departments control over whom and what devices get access.
- Identity Manager is designed to deliver the industry's most complete and comprehensive activity monitoring/reporting for guest users and devices, which is critical for ensuring appropriate use to protect company networks.
- Identity Manager technology is currently deployed in over 2,500 customer accounts worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, large hotel chains, major league sports stadiums and global convention centers.
- Identity Manager is available in a VMware ready format for customers who have chosen a virtualized application platform strategy.
Tweet This: Meru enhances industry's 1st integrated #BYOD & guest access #wifi solution-Identity Manager http://bit.ly/Njdcqq #edutech #hospitality
- Bart Allen, director of operations at Salt Palace Convention Center
"With Meru Identity Manager, we can offer differentiated services to our visitors and tradeshow vendors, totally maintaining control of our networks and our pricing models. With its reliable service, we have been confident in our ability to provide for thousands and thousands of guests and, therefore, increase our revenues from sponsorship and paid access. Our ROI on this investment has been so quick we have been able to invest in other IT technologies to enhance our guests' experience during conventions, tradeshows and events."
- Hans Bornemann, director of IT and media center at the Technical University of Dortmund
"We have found the perfect solution for us in the form of Identity Manager. The previous and very serious problem we had of not being able to generate several accounts at once has now been solved. The reduction in additional workload for the computer center staff is clearly evident. We now have more time and manpower available for other tasks. We will probably expand the solution in the future using Meru's Bring-Your-Own Device features, which will further simplify access to the University's network for our staff and lecturers."
- Asif Hussain, CIO at Kingsborough Community College
"Our advanced Wi-Fi network helps attract world-class events and conferences to Kingsborough campus and raise money for our scholarship funds. With Meru Identity Manager, we can simply and easily give campus guests registered access to a really great Wi-Fi network and be sure that it is used in the way it is intended."
- Manish Rai, vice president of vertical and product marketing at Meru Networks
"In Meru Identity Manager we have simplified mobile guest access and BYOD provisioning. Our aim has always been to provide our customers with greater choice and control, and we believe we have achieved this with Identity Manager. To make their workload easier the product has been designed to overlay on virtually any wired or wireless network."
Meru Networks: http://www.merunetworks.com
More Meru news: http://www.merunetworks.com/news-and-events
Meru on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/merunetworks
To learn more, take a tour of our WLAN solutions at Meru.
About Meru Networks
Meru Networks (NASDAQ: MERU) is a leading supplier of virtualized wireless LAN solutions that provide enterprises with the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network with the advantages of mobility. Meru Networks eliminates the deficiencies of multichannel, client-controlled architectures with its innovative, single-channel, virtualized network architecture that easily handles device density and diversity. Meru wireless LAN solutions are deployed in major vertical industries including Fortune 500 businesses, education, hospitality, healthcare and retail supply chain. Founded in 2002, Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300 for more information.
+44 (0) 7795 662 888
Source: Meru Networks
News Provided by Acquire Media
Close window | Back to top